The Picture – A Writing Exercise
This is a writing exercise without any limits. Look at he picture, look at it carefully for several minutes. I even advice you to click the picture to get it in its own window, to look at it without any distractions. When you feel that you have gained everything you can out of the picture – close your eyes. See the picture in front of you, as you remember it. If it starts to move and change in any way, just accept the changes. Don´t try to command your creativity, it has its own life because you are a creative person. Explore your own reactions to the picture.
- What does it make you see? Are there any colors or shapes? Movements?
- What does the picture make you feel?
- What can you hear, if anything?
- Is there any smell?
- If the meaning of the picture would materialize, how would it feel?
- If the picture would be something you could eat, how would it taste?
When you feel filled with everything this picture can give you, open your eyes and grab pen and paper. It´s time to write. What is the story of this picture?